Tourism in Marrakech, the capital of the Andalusian Empire, is one of the most prominent tourism cities in Morocco, as it is characterized by its magical beauty and picturesque nature, in which harmony and mixture between the beauty of the present and the splendor of the past.
Among the tourism in Marrakech, many historical walls, buildings and giant gardens with a sophisticated design. In this era, Marrakech, Morocco is a stronghold of Islamic civilization and an intellectual center for science and philosophy.
It includes many museums and monuments that attract many tourists in addition to many wonderful tourist sites that make the holiday another taste in the Moroccan atmosphere, as there are many restaurants, cafes, markets, and leisure activities.
The most famous places of tourism in Marrakech
1- Jamaâ El Fna Square
Jamaâ El Fna Square dates back to the founding of the city of Marrakech, where it was built during the reign of the Almoravid state during the fifteenth century, but its importance increased after the construction of the Kutaybah Mosque nearly a century ago and this square was the nucleus of shopping at that time.
Kings used the square as a large courtyard to show off their armies and stand on the preparations of their forces before launching the battles to unite cities and countries and wars of independence and since that date, it is one of the most important places of tourism in Marrakech, and a symbol of the city proud of its vitality and attractiveness to Arab and foreign tourists.
* The best activities in the Jemaa El Fna square in Marrakech*
• You can watch the interesting offers of the stooges of Al-Afai, and enjoy walking in that courtyard for the folk viewing, as it is considered the meeting point between the city and the warehouse and salt.
You can also watch musical performances, as well as storytellers and riddles, and many popular appearances that reduce a rich and unique heritage.
• You can see acrobats, dancers, animal exhibitors, and henna signs, and you can also buy souvenirs from various distinctive heritage industries.
• You can also see the square with its fun and romantic nightlife.
2- Marrakesh Museum
Marrakesh Museum in the center of Marrakesh, Morocco, which is near the Ben Youssef religious school
The museum was built at the end of the nineteenth century by Mehdi Mounebhi, and it is now considered one of the most important tourism museums in Morocco
The museum is an example of the beauty of traditional architecture, and also includes modern and traditional arts alongside Moroccan art, in addition to historical books, pottery and old Moroccan coins.
* The best activities that you can do in it.*
You can start by visiting the museum’s art department, where it contains many modern and ancient paintings.
A striking feature when entering the museum is a traditional gun and a traditional saddle with golden and silver threads dating back to the end of the nineteenth century.
• You can visit the art pieces section, including pottery dating back to the eighteenth century, in addition to many distinctive handicrafts.
• Then you can visit the section of metal and accessories, which includes many old traditional accessories and Moroccan coins.
The museum is available for visiting every day of the week from 9:00 am until 18:30 pm.
The entrance is generally free and may require a small amount depending on the tourist season.
3- Majorelle Gardens
The park has now become one of the most important tourist attractions in Marrakech
The Majorelle Garden in Marrakech is distinguished by its embrace of many rare plants and flowers coming from the five continents, especially the types of cactuses.
* The best activities in the Majorelle Gardens Marrakech.*
• You can visit the Islamic Museum in the park, where it contains the most famous artifacts dating back thousands of years.
• You can also see the most beautiful types of plants and different and colorful trees, such as white flowers and flower trees, which are famous for their garden.
You can see the lake, which contains many small marine creatures, such as colorful fish, which are characterized by the beauty of their colors.
• And what is remarkable in the Majorelle Marrakech park, is the distributed houses, painted in blue and surrounded by the most beautiful types of plants, which gives it its own magic.
• You can visit the booth located in the garden to get some food and soft drinks and enjoy your trip.
The park is available for visiting every day of the week from 8:00 in the morning until 17:30 in the evening.
For more information about the park and entry prices visit the website here.
4- Madinah commercial markets
The commercial markets in the old city are considered one of the most important places of tourism in Marrakech and the most popular shopping destination in the city, as the old city is characterized by its narrow alleys and colorful houses.
The region provides many stores that sell distinctive souvenirs, such as shoes, perfumes, copper antiques, etc. There is also a leather market where many old tanneries are located in the area.
5- Koutoubia Mosque
The Koutoubia Mosque is one of the well-established Islamic monuments in the history of tourism in Marrakech. The mosque is located in the center of Marrakesh, near the Jemaa El-Fna square and is one of the most important tourist attractions in Morocco.
The name of the mosque belongs to the library, and it is the name of a bookstore that was close to the mosque. The mosque was built in 1147.
* The best activities in the Koutoubia Mosque, Marrakech*
• You can see the art of building the mosque from the outside, as it is composed of 17 wings and 11 domes decorated with reliefs and its ornate minaret. He announced through him many decisions of the sultans and was a witness to the greatest events in history.
• You can see the self-moving platform, which was designed in 1150 AD in Cordoba, as it is considered one of the largest works of Islamic carpentry at the time.
6-Ben Youssef School
The Ben Youssef Madrasa School is one of the best places of tourism in Marrakesh. It is considered a masterpiece of historical architecture. It was founded in 1346 AD and was home to leading scholars and writers who taught religious, juridical and other sciences, so it is considered one of the most famous historical schools of Morocco.
The school today is one of the most important tourist places in Marrakech. It attracts tourists as an ancient masterpiece that reflects the prosperity of Moroccan civilization.
7-The Almoravid dome Almoravid Qubba is the oldest landmark of Marrakesh, dating back to the year 1064. It was built during the reign of Ali Ibn Yusuf as an ablution house for worshipers in the Jameel Ben Youssef. The dome reflects the Almoravid architecture through its solid construction, which was not affected by the fluctuations of time in addition to the water delivery system to it, which is unique in that it crosses the water through it from under the ground to flow into the bronze pipes.
The construction of the palace dates back to the era of the Alawite state in the Maghreb by Minister Ahmed bin Musa.
Bahia Palace includes several pavilions, halls, accessories, basins, and gardens, in addition to the park and garden, which is surrounded by a water tank.
Where the Bahia Palace is one of the most important places of tourism in Morocco
* The best activities in the Bahia Palace Marrakech*
• You can walk outside the palace to see the art of building it from the outside and how to decorate its walls and its beautiful distribution.
• Then you can start wandering inside the palace, where you can start by visiting the small Riyadh wing, which is considered one of the distinguished wards inside the palace.
It is characterized by its building, similar to the antique schools, in terms of corridors topped by wooden friezes decorated in bright colors with natural materials.
Each of the palace’s wings is separated by small green gardens.
You can also visit the Great Marble Square, which is a large courtyard and one of the largest palaces in the palace, surrounded by corridors consisting of 52 wooden columns.
The floor is made of marble, and it has three fountains, one of which is in a small tank. This part is often used for concerts and plastic exhibitions.
You can also visit the northern Great Hall, where there are poetic verses engraved on plaster.
The times of visiting Bahia Palace in Marrakech
Bahia Palace Marrakech is available for visiting all days of the week from 9:00 am until 16:30 pm.
Entrance to the palace is free and may require a small amount, depending on the tourist season.
9-Marrakesh Wall It is an ancient wall equipped with high towers, which were in the old very large with more than a quarter of a million people.
And there are 25 doors, and this city is protected by very deep pits. These walls are considered one of the most important places of tourism in Marrakesh.
* The best activities that you can do in the Marrakesh Wall*
• All the walls of Marrakesh are surrounded by beautiful green gardens, where you can start walking in the gardens located below the wall, which extends for about 9 km.
In addition, it is a great site for taking great photos.
• You can sit in one of the cafes adjacent to the fence and enjoy getting some food and light drinks in addition to the scenery of the fence and its gardens in front of you.
The fence and its gardens are available to visit all days of the week at any time, but we recommend that you visit it in the morning to get the most beautiful view.
Menara gardens, which are located to the west of the city of Marrakech, exactly alongside the Atlas Mountains. The gardens are considered one of the most beautiful places of tourism in Morocco
Al-Manara Gardens were established in the 12th century. In the middle of the gardens, there is a large artificial pool, in addition to the large Al-Manara reservoir, which is filled with water and is two meters deep, as it reaches water through channels from the mountains of the Middle Atlas.
* The best activities in Marrakech Menara Gardens
• You can walk around the park and enjoy the natural scenery and fresh air, as well as take some memorial photos. You can spend a whole day in this large park.
• You can also rent a beauty and take a tour around the garden and the pool.
• In front of the garden pool, there is a unique archaeological building, you can go up and watch it and when you reach the ceiling it will give you a wonderful natural view
Where you can see the garden and the pool from a beautiful high.
• After completing your tour in the garden, you can go to one of the cafes or restaurants nearby and get a delicious lunch accompanied by a wonderful view, or you can get some snacks and drinks.
I hope you have benefited, thanks for the follow us